Saturday, December 11, 2010

Reconstructing

If you haven't noticed, things are a little different around these parts.  If it's your first time here, well I just finished updating the template a little.  While I still have a long way to go to get everything I have planned in order, having some progression feels good.

I've decided to move on completely (for now) from finding a widget or gadget to applet or whatever to host our blogroll in a way that we can all have the list easily.  There is just nothing else that does what blogrolling did.  Not in any realm which I've searched anyway.  So, in moving on I have begun using the blogroll widget here within blogger which does indeed bump updated blogs to the top of the list.  You can see this list to the left. Ain't it pretty?  I plan on creating several more of these for a variety of categories in the future as well, each displaying 5 of the most recently updated blogs in that topic.  I already have the nearly 200 blogs categorized and now I just have to add them.  First up is finalizing the main list however, which includes an addition of many new faces that have been waiting a very long time to be added.

As I said, there's a long way to go but, things are moving along.  Check back soon for more updates!

4 comments:

Wisewebwoman said...

Thanks for all the great work you do Stephen, on your own time and unpaid. a dedicated labour of love.
I'm sure all who come here share my sentiments.
XO
WWW

Stephen Eli Harris said...

Thank you very much for the kind words WWW. I truly appreciate it. It certainly is a labor of love and almost 5 years strong now. I can't believe how fast the time has gone actually.

Thanks for stopping by and be sure to keep an eye out for updates!

ViewPoint2010 said...

Stephen, I want to add my thanks to those offfered by WWW. The work you do is enormously appreciated by many of us out here in the blogosphere. The NLBR introduced me to some wonderful blogs that make life far more interesting. Thanks again for all of your efforts and know that it is appreciated. Take care.

Stephen Eli Harris said...

Thanks for stopping by VP. It makes me happy to know that people are enjoying this place and the blogs I've been collecting over the years as much as I have.

Best wishes!