Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Update Not Showing On The List as *NEW*???

The most important thing to remember is to PING BlogRolling!

So you know, because BlogRolling is a free service that I use for this list, I have very little control of what happens. I can set it do a minimal of amount of things but, that's about it. I set it to identify updated blogs (past 24 hours) with a *NEW* tag in front and also to list the recent updated ones on top. Whether it actually does that or not at all times is beyond anything I can do. Downed service may be a factor at times, for example.

Also keep in mind that it takes a little you MUST ping BlogRolling directly in order for you to bump to the top of the blogRoll list. (and again, I highly suggest you add the list to your blog as well)

Ensure that you blog is being pinged so that BlogRolling knows it's updated. Without this being set, it'll never show as updated. 

If you're blog is still not showing up, I suggest contacting your blog service or perhaps BlogRolling to see if they can do anything.

Of course I'm here to help in any way as well.

Technorati Tags:
, , , , , ,

6 comments:

Cove Blogger said...

You're doing a deadly good job b'ye. No complaints here :)

AdamFireFist said...

So, just to be clear, I go into "Settings", then "Publishing" and select "YES" for "notify Weblogs.com"?
Is that right?
That's what I did.

NL-ExPatriate said...

Sue Kelland-Dyer the Hydro Queen has a new blog.
http://suesrant.rantandroar.ca/suesblog.html

Here are her older ones which I think you already have and she has abandoned for the most part.
http://lowerchurchill.blogspot.com/
http://recallharper.theblog.net/

Cove Blogger said...

Any idea what happened to Blogrolling.com?

Stephen Eli Harris said...

Thanks Cove for the kind remarks. As for BR; must have been a hiccup. Seems fine now.

>>So, just to be clear, I go into >>"Settings", then "Publishing" and >>select "YES" for "notify >>Weblogs.com"?
>>Is that right?
>>That's what I did.

Yup, that's absolutly right. I think blogrolling may have directions for the other blog sites as well. Not sure though.

>>Sue Kelland-Dyer the Hydro Queen >>has a new blog.

Thanks NL. It's added.

Anonymous said...

My blogroll seemed to update fine for a long time and then all the sudden it stopped. Even after I switched to beta it was still working but once again it just stopped showing updates...

I don't know what happened but I wish it would come back from the bad case of hiccups, later...