Saturday, February 28, 2009

Ads on BR2

The folks over at BlogRolling HQ have provided a little more information about the ads they will now be displaying on the blogrolls of non paying customers. Below is from their update site:
More about ads...

A few of you have asked for more information about the new advertising model that we will be launching on Monday to coincide with the release of Blogrolling 2.0.

The purpose of these ads is to attempt to create a semi-sustainable business model around Blogrolling to ensure that Tucows can continue to invest in the ongoing development and maintenance of Blogrolling.

Blogrolling.com serves well over a billion blogrolls per year to tens of thousands of customers, across hundreds of thousands of blogs. It requires some fairly serious bandwidth and hardware just to keep it running. We think it deserves more than just “keep it running” and with a sustainable business model around it, I believe we can fully realize the potential of this awesome service. Blogrolling.com was one of the original blog “widget” services, and even with the recent challenges, still probably one of the largest in terms of actual usage. We really want to make sure that it gets even better.

So, we’re going to try and sell some ads.

The go on to give screenshots and an explanation of how the system works, so do suggest you check it out to see what is to come...

... but having said that, I am opting to pay the $20 bucks to remove the ads from our system. With it only being that much for an entire year, it seems worth it to make the investment. Not only will it remove these ads, but it will also show the folks at BR that we appreciate their service. I have no problem paying for something I like, and I'm sure we can all agree that BR is something we all enjoy!

In the meantime, I am going to throw out there the idea of donating to the Newfoundland and Labrador BlogRoll. This could help me pay for the service or it perhaps could be a tip for the extra promotion I do for all our blogs here. Of course, this isn't necessary. I will continue to do everything I've been doing here and be adding more goodies over the next few weeks whether you decide to donate or not. But, if you do have a buck to spare, I would certainly accept it with smile and a thank you.

Donates are accepted via PayPal. If you can help, please do. If you cannot or do not wish to, I completly understand.



Thanks!

Now that that part is out of the way; 2 days to go!!!!


, , , , , , ,

2 comments:

Barry Wheeler said...

Interesting - another delay on Blogrolling 2.0

Hmmmmmmmmm will it ever work again? Rumours are on the street that it won't.

Have you looked for other alternatives?

Stephen Eli Harris said...

I have looked actually, but there is literally nothing out there that comes close to what BR does. I searched and searched and searched... to no avail.

Having said that, I have all the faith in the world that BR2 will be up and running!! Stay tuned...