Thursday, February 19, 2009

BR2 on March 2nd!!

Just when I thought that all hope was lost with BlogRolling, a little good news shines through. Finally, after checking the update site at least 3 (thousand) times a day, today (about 3 minutes ago) I learn that the BR2 system will be released very, very soon; March 2nd to be precise.

Wow, did you all hear that collective sigh of relief?...

I know, it is truly a huge lift of my bloggin' spirit and I'm sure you all feel it. It's been a long time since we've been without, but in a few short days we'll have our beloved system back... and with that I can finally get to work with all the other goodies I have in store.

Check out what they have to say:
The Skinny on BR2.0

In point form for maximum impact…

… BR2 will be released on March 2 (yayfinally!!)

…. all your old Blogrolls will be imported into the new system, you won’t need to change a thing.

… the system was recoded from scratch, from the ground up. This fixed a ton of old bugs (and probably introduced a ton of new ones)

… the “pay” option is back. All customers get all features, except Pay customers won’t see adverts in their links.

… “adverts in links” is our way of helping us pay for the cost of running blogrolling.com.

… it costs a lot to run blogrolling.com - last year alone we served over a billion blogrolls - that means a lot of bandwidth and a lot of gear. Without a way to recoup some of these costs, it is tough for us to properly invest in it.

… without proper investment, BR2 will fall into disrepair like BR1 did. I’d prefer to charge a little for BR2 so that we can build new features and improve the service, rather than just let it sit there.

Questions? I’m sure there are, please catch us @blogrolling on twitter.


I haven't decided if I'm going to pay (it depends on how much it costs) for the premium service but I can figure that out when I see what we have to work with but it is very good that there is no maintenance involved on both your end or mine. That'll let me get strait to work on the extra promotions and other special items of interest. Things are certainly looking up. Stay tuned for what's come!

11 days and counting...

2 comments:

Ross Rader said...

Thanks for your post! The premium option is only $20 per year and includes unlimited blogrolls and the ability to turn off ads. If you have any feedback on the advertising model, please let me know - I'd love to hear more!

/ross
@blogrolling

Stephen Eli Harris said...

Thanks for stopping by and for the information Ross. I'll be sure to send any feedback along that I can think of or whatever is passed along to me from the members of this roll.

Good luck on the updates! I look forward to them.