Monday, January 02, 2012

2012 Begins

First of all, welcome to 2012 everyone and I hope you all had a safe and happy holiday season to end 2011. The year was certainly a quick and busy one for me on this end, but a mostly joyous one none the less. I'm certainly excited for what the new year will bring, and I wish you all the happiness and success in this 12th year of the new millennium.

Secondly, and most importantly, you should know that this place is not dead. The last quarter of the year was indeed a lost one around these parts, but things are far from dead. I do realize that I left at an intense time without notice, but there was method to the madness (mixed with some uncontrollable events). In the end, waiting for the new year to kick back into gear was what was needed for me personally, and for the site in general.

Lastly, to begin the year, the first order of business will be the long awaited announcement of the 2011 Blogger's Choice Awards. Anxiety has surely come and gone for the nominees since October. Frustration has likely set in, anger perhaps, in anticipation for this announcement on these winners, but the wait is now over; All 10 winners will be announced this week! I promise.

With this announcement coming in January, what I've essentially done is made this initiative an end of year one and I will have more details on how this will progress in future years, plus I will be opening the floor for suggestions and comments on how it can be improved from your perspectives. First though, let me get those winners posted as you've all waited long enough. Please stay tuned throughout the week! It's a-comin'...

No comments: