Sunday, May 06, 2012

What's on the Horizon

Now that the large task of updating the lists have been taken care of, time is now available for some other clean-up items and initiatives. Here's an outlook on what's on the horizon for the NL BlogRoll.

Blog of the Week Returns

After a very long run of consecutive blog's selected weekly last year, a long hiatus from the Blog of the Week initiative persisted. It began with needing the time to focus on the Blogger's Choice Awards, but later it became more about timing. Well now the timing for a return is just about right, and a return we will!

Beginning  next Sunday (May 13th), I'm going feature one of the many wonderful blog's out there each week. I could do a blog of day if I had more time, there's that many great blogs here. I'm going to stick with the weekly features for the time being of course, but you get my drift; there's a lot of great blogs.

Be sure to check next Sunday for the return of the NL Blog of the Week!

New Category Coming

After visiting all these sites again over the past couple of months, I've come to realize that there is an abundance of family and health related blogs contained within the lists. Many of them are found within the Personal / Journal section, but not all of them as they are indeed scattered about. I've decided that, where there are so many, I'm going to create a new category for them. I'm essentially planning to remove the Personal / Journal category and recategorize the related blogs to the new Health and Family one. Any that do not fit will be placed in whatever other related section best fits their site. The Personal / Journal category was far too vague anyhow, so this really works out in favor of the site overall I believe. Stay tuned for that shift in the near future.

Blogger's Choice Awards Updates and Discussion

Now that it's been a couple of months since last years winners have been announced, I figure it's soon time for me to discuss how the awards will be evolving. While I do have some clear plans in mind to, at the very least,  add a nomination period to next years session, I'm also planning to open the floor for discussion to see if what the community would like to see. This discussion will come in the coming weeks, so please stay tuned for that if you have any thoughts on it at all.

... and Stuff

The site is constantly evolving, so who knows what else is in store for these parts. What I do know is that there are still more Blogger's out there. I've already found about 20 new ones that I could add to the roll... and add them I will as soon as possible. The list will be at 400 strong before we know it. Wowza!

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Just wanted to say what a great service you have provided. I'm amazed just how many Nfld bloggers there are and I appreciate you taking the time to scout them out and make it available to all of us! Cheers, Michelle

Michelle said...

Just wanted to take a minute and thank you for the wonderful service you have provided. I didn't realize there were so many nfld bloggers out there and appreciate that I can come here to find new ones! Cheers, Michelle

Michelle said...

Just wanted to say what a great service you have provided. I'm amazed just how many Nfld bloggers there are and I appreciate you taking the time to scout them out and make it available to all of us! Cheers, Michelle